Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Busy Day!

Sorry for another late posting! These last few days have been very packed and its been difficult to even get enough sleep with everything going on. Over the last few days, the photography elective ventured to Monaco again for some exploration in movement. Several day trips to beaches and regular class days have followed. Today was exceptional, however, because we started out early with a trip to the Marc Chagall Museum in the town over. Not only is his art worldly renowned and respected, but also extremely close to my heart. My grandfather, Irving Borowsky, has been an avid collector of Chagall's works and my family has always enjoyed the vibrance and meaning behind his pieces. Following the museum was lunch at Garibaldi Square (a 2 minute walk from the residence), and some downtime of course. The photo elective headed to a park for panoramic views and portrait practice with different colored filters. I think the most important thing I've learned through portraits was always to capture someone who you believe is interesting. That being said, I wasn't sure or very comfortable with asking my friends to pose. In my own way, I caught a few candids of park-goers… hopefully they didn't mind or see. After our park excursion, the group reassembled for a picnic on the beach. The residential chef, Pearla, made an excellent Mediterranean rice and vegetable salad. After beach time, we headed over to a castle which was converted into a drive-in movie theater. "Forever Rock" was showing tonight (Rock of Ages starring Tom Cruise). The language was dubbed but it was still somewhat enjoyable to listen to some of my favorite songs butchered by Hollywood; the outdoor setting and beauty of the castle made up for the lack of screenplay and acting skills. The movie didn't end until 12 pm, and we're finally home! It's pretty late and I am VERY tired. Bon nuit for now!

1 comment:

  1. I love it all! Love the red lips! And your blog is amazing. So proud.

    ReplyDelete